Setting up your NS2 Air Monitors
We are happy to see that you have chosen the NS2 as your speakers and we want to help you get the most out of them.
The Nocs NS2 Air Monitors are a set of active speakers with AirPlay technology, allowing you to stream music wirelessly from your Mac, PC, iPod touch, iPhone and iPad. Turn your device into the ultimate music experience and enjoy the powerful sound from the NS2.
Using the NS2 and AirPlay
Once the setup is finished, the NS2 can be fully operated wirelessly by AirPlay from a Mac, PC or iOS device by selecting the NS2 from either the device menu in the bottom right corner of the program window or next to the volume control in your app.
SWITCHING ON AND OFF
- Switch on the NS2 by pressing the “Power” button located on the right side speaker’s rear panel.
- If the NS2 has not been setup before, the LED flashes green quickly for about 30 seconds while booting up, followed by flashing green slowly to indicate that the NS2 is ready to be setup.
- If the NS2 has already been properly setup, the LED flashes green quickly for about 30 seconds while booting up, followed by flashing green slowly for 5 seconds. When the LED turns solid green followed by a beep, the NS2 is connected to the wireless network.
- To switch off, press the “Power” button.
FIRST TIME SETUP
The NS2 needs to be connected to the same wireless network as the Mac, PC or iOS device, unless using AirPlay Direct mode. Please see separate instructions on how to use “AirPlay Direct Mode”.
The NS2 supports DHCP and will automatically re-connect to the wireless network after the first-time setup.
Moving the NS2 to a new wireless network or changing the wireless network settings requires a new setup.
Make sure your NETWORK NAME and PASSWORD only contains English letters and numbers and NO SPACES or special characters, spaces can be replaced by underline. (For example Nocs_Network)
SETUP USING THE NS2 TERMPORARY WIRELESS NETWORK
- Make sure you know the name and password of your wireless network before you start.
- Switch on the NS2.
- Make sure the antenna on the back panel is flipped upwards.
- The LED flashes green quickly for about 30 seconds while booting up.
- The LED flashes green slowly indicating that the NS2 is ready for setup.
- Press and hold the “Setup” button for five (5) seconds. The LED flashes green/amber slowly indicating that the NS2 has entered manual setup mode.
- Connect your Mac, PC or iOS device to the “NOCS_NS2_Setup“ wireless network.
- Open “http://192.168.1.1” in a browser.
- If you wish to change the name of the NS2, type in the selected name in the “AirPlay device name” box and click “Update”, then return to the “Network Configuration”.
- Select the wireless network (SSID) to which the NS2 should be connected and enter the network password. Use “Advanced” settings if needed. Press “Apply”.
- The LED flashes green quickly while the NS2 is rebooting, followed by flashing green slowly while connecting.
- The LED turns solid green followed by a beep to indicate that the NS2 is connected to the wireless network.
- Reconnect your Mac, PC or iOS device to your wireless network again.
It is recommended that the DHCP checkbox remains checked.
In areas with a lot of Wi-Fi interference, connecting to the NS2 wireless network sometimes requires more than one attempt.